Rotations and Focuses
Total= 4-8-week (or more) rotation
Must meet at least 1 of the following:
- Dietetic intern in a DPD internship
- Current RDN looking for more sports nutrition or private practice
- Strength & conditioning intern, or certified strength coach looking for nutrition experience
- Pursuing degree or interning in related field (up to program director’s discretion)
- if you do not meet the above requirements, you can still get experience as we often need volunteers for various projects for students and volunteers
- Prompt, professional, and courteous
- Self-interest in nutrition and physical self-improvement: a passion for the field
- Self-driven and ambitious
Opportunities and learning objectives
- Sports Nutrition Experience
- Private Practice business experience
- Using technology and client management software
- Assess and prescribe nutrition programs for athletes and general population
- Use of supplements and functional foods for sport
- Public speaking opportunities
- Specialization in 1-2 team sports at TnTech
- Business development and strategies for private practice
- Nutrition program development for teams
- Nutrition Marketing and Promotion
- Nutrition Education program development
- Working with coaches and athletes in group and 1 on 1 settings
- Nutrition workshops including meal planning, food prep, grocery store tours
- Letter of recommendation based upon merit and completion of internship
- Certificate of recognition after completion of internship
The next step
- Contact me through our contact page. Put “ nutrition internship” in the description. In the email please tell us a little bit about yourself and what you hope to get out of this internship experience. Includ your resume.
- We will contact you to work out the details and set a start date.
- If you have an internship director, we will contact him or her customize our rotations to meet your internship needs.
- Start and complete your sports nutrition internship!